National Diploma in Hospitality (Management) Level 5
This course prepares students for management positions in the hospitality industry.
2 years (3 trimesters per year).
The course is made up of New Zealand Qualifications Authority Unit Standards, delivering theoretical knowledge and developing hands-on skills in the following areas:
- Food safety
- Employment practices and law
- Marketing in the hospitality industry
- Sale of Liquor Act 1989 and requirements of a duty manager of licensed premises
- Small business franchising options
- Interpersonal communication skills in the hospitality industry
- Performance management
- Accounting systems and financial statements
- Advanced restaurant food service
- Commercial accommodation management
- Food and beverage service and management
- Hospitality management control systems
- Purchasing and stores management
- Regional cuisine & culinary options
The course provides students with pathways to various higher level qualifications at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- 18 years of age or over (international students).
- National Certificate in Hospitality Level 4; or successful completion of New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling; or international equivalent. (Please see Entry Requirements for more details).
- International students must have IELTS 5.5 (Academic) with no band less than 5.0, or equivalent.
|Nguyen Manh Hoang – Vietnam|
National Diploma in Hospitality (Management) Level 5 student
I applied to NTI to do a National Diploma in Hospitality (Management) Level 5 course because I wanted to acquire knowledge about modern hospitality management to build on my 7 years of experience working in hotels. I’m impressed by the institute having its own commercial café to provide students with a live-training environment.
[ Back to top ]