Key Information for Students
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment at Ntec
Applying to Ntec
- Applicants are required to provide true and complete information when filling out the application form and attaching documents. Provision of false information may result in the termination of the application / enrolment.
- Applicants must review the details of the course they applying for, to make sure that this is the course they want to study, and should consider whether the course will assist them in achieving their career goals and intentions.
- A completed Ntec Application Form forms the basis of a contract between the applicant (or their parent if the applicant is aged under 18) and Ntec.
- If entry criteria are met, applicants will receive an Offer of Place letter, which will give advice on course fees (tuition and resource fees), insurance and date and methods of payment.
- To accept an Offer of Place, applicants must sign one copy of the Offer of Place, and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date.
- Upon receipt of fees, applicants will be sent a receipt, which they can use to apply for a student visa. Note that the fees will be fully refunded in the applicant is not granted a student visa.
Change of address or contact details
Students are required to notify Ntec immediately if their address or contact details change.
Fee Refund / Withdrawal Policy
Students are required to read the school’s fee refund / withdrawal policy, which is on the website at http://www.ntec.ac.nz/intl/i_refunds.html
Acceptable Use Policy for Computers and Information Technology
During orientation, students are required to sign a policy which defines the responsibilities of students when using the computing and information technology facilities provided by Ntec.
Student and Tutor Contract
During orientation, students are asked to sign an agreement that they will agree to:
- follow Ntec Policies and Procedures.
- attend classes punctually, and notify Ntec staff if unable to attend.
- be honest in dealings with the other learners/students and with Tutors.
- try hard to complete any assignments on time and to work on them to the best of their ability.
- ask for 1 to 1 sessions when needed.
- try to be co-operative and sensitive to the needs of the Tutors and other participants.
Ntec use of student photos, videos and testimonials:
- From time to time Ntec posts photographs, video records and written/spoken testimonials of students on the Ntec website, prospectus, newsletters and other mass media communication.
- It is Ntec’s policy that any published items are positive depictions of students.
- Students’ consent is sought before their information is used.